COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Notice:
In response to the growing number of cases in Connecticut and the surrounding states, we will not be seeing anyone in person in clinic; instead we will be conducting all appointments over the phone. The safety of our patients and our volunteers is our utmost priority and we will continue to stay as updated as possible on the current state of the outbreak and the scientific evidence for prevention and treatment.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 203-314-9305. If you have questions about COVID-19, the Yale New Haven Health COVID-19 call center can be reached Monday - Friday, 7 am - 7 pm at 833-ASK-YNHH (833-275-9644). You can also reach the free 24-hour Yale Health Hotline at 203-432-6604 for questions about coronavirus and reference these CDC guidelines on prevention and treatment.
If you would like to sign up for a COVID-19 test, we have more information available here.
1. No individual who seeks care will be required to reveal their immigration status, nor will their immigration status be documented in the medical records.
2. Coronavirus testing will be free for all individuals regardless of insurance status.
3. No individual will be turned away from the hospital due to inability to pay or insurance status.
4. No uninsured individual admitted to the hospital for coronavirus-related care will be billed for inpatient services.
5. No ICE agent is permitted into YNHHS hospitals except under very limited circumstances.
To protect our patients, hospital staff have been trained to refer any ICE agents to Designated Leads, to decline from revealing patient information, and to refuse searches without a warrant.
6. Individuals need not apply for insurance or public benefits in order to receive the above protections.
Credit to: SC DHEC